gary   09-20-2026, 06:28 AM  
#1
   

Saw this list on tumblr and though you would all get a kick out of it.
BobVP   09-20-2026, 07:08 AM  
#2
lol that a remarkable deference to the genre.
srnickolas   09-20-2026, 04:41 PM  
#3
The list is part tag-based I guess, the adventure genre was extremely influential in game development in general (in terms od Story, Exploration and puzzles) so the adventure tag compliments many other genres and games. Its actually pretty standard to see CRPGs, cinematic platformers and of course action adventures like Zelda featuring the tag "adventure", hence some people voted that way ... but  seeing "Marathon 2: Durandal"  in there is quite hilarious or Alien vs pradator. Dunno, they are explorative games at least, but really ignorant choices. There is no trying to filter anything, I could go on and vote Bubble Bobble and Goat simulator and they would probably accept the votes
This post was last modified: 09-20-2026, 04:45 PM by srnickolas.
Baron Blubba   09-20-2026, 06:37 PM  
#4
Was this supposed to be a list of all time best games, or all time best adventure games?
srnickolas   09-20-2026, 07:22 PM  
#5
(09-20-2026, 06:37 PM)Baron Blubba Wrote: Was this supposed to be a list of all time best games, or all time best adventure games?

Well if it is an all game list it explaines a lot and i retract my previous comment. It would be actually quite impressive how many adventures are in there. Although I cant actually find the origin of this when I search, only a blog and a mastodon post

edit: actually i found the origins, it is indeed an all game list
https://web.archive.org/web/200701290912...time_best/
This post was last modified: 09-20-2026, 07:29 PM by srnickolas.
Jen   09-20-2026, 09:34 PM  
#6
I have played all of the adventures on that list and half of the RPGs. To this day they are all at the top of my list. Memorable then, classics now.
  
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)