I've got a new batch! Actually, I have about two, so I'm mixing and matching them in two different lists. This is the first one
Fan favourite Luig is back at it with Swamp and Luig by Dialobic
Find Luig! In a swamp? If you've been following this thread, you've found Luig before. Charming, clever and accessible. You can find each Luig in about five minutes or less, expect about ten to fifteen minutes of play.
The Tiny Escape by Stefano "ProcioneSx" Trivellin
It keeps things basic, but does the basics really well. About half an hour with plenty of puzzles. The puzzle design is good, even though it sticks to well-trodden ground. It manages to capture a sense of dynamism you don't always get in adventure games.
Road to Nowhere by turturi
Well-written surreal fantasy adventure, or maybe more of a visual novel with a couple of simple puzzles. About twenty minutes.
Beanman Gets His Cool Back on Steam (self-produced)
A walking sim with some light quest-work, odd humour and a cheesy but satisfying musical score. Different endings! Completing the entire game will take you about an hour or so.
Model Human by Zapzap
One of the three latest MAGS entries - and I suspect this will be the winner. It's a comedy romp with a couple of puzzle-shaped shenanigans. The developer(s) ran out of time and had to make certain concessions - I think one or two bugs and typos have been fixed in the latest version and it ran without issues for me. There is one timed puzzle that gave me some trouble, even when I knew how to read the signal clues. Regardless of any of its limitations, the game is complete, playable and enjoyable - if you can deal with some scatalogical humour. Took me about fifteen minutes. There's a little quiz at the end where you get to determine the fate of humanity.
Second list!
A Night at Moka Efti: A Babylon Berlin Story on Steam
![[Image: night.jpg]](https://i.ibb.co/xy5pM5G/night.jpg)
Wild Boar came up with this one. It takes a lot of notes from Disco Elyisium, but ditches the RPG elements (and some of the depth) to deliver a modern adventure game. The voice acting is in German, but the writing and UI can be set to English. About two hours of gameplay and high (German tv studio) budget production values.
edit: usually I recommend games I've tested start to finish - I haven't finished this game and I'm going by Wild Boar and the general concensus on this one.
Leaving Han D. by Laywelin
This game depicts the emotional journey of leaving a partner. A poetic reflection of a deeply human experience. It's about five minutes, the puzzles are pretty easy and I found it moving and beautiful.
It's pouring down there by elcococlot
A bleak horror game. The animations are pretty good. The puzzles are decent, nothing too complicated. There is some pixel hunting involved - the lack of colour doesn't help in this regard. The objects are named when you hover over them. One hotspot only becomes accessible when you know about it. Somewhat unfriendly design, fitting the atmosphere of the game. It's about fifteen to twenty minutes - I played it twice, to see if there was another ending. I didn't find it - and I think the way the game "resolves" itself is part of the narrative.
Play Exit Five in Browser by Lasse Müller
A short, conceptual game, straight from the Twilight Zone. It's basically one anomaly-based puzzle, but it has some cool effects that make it more engaging and exciting than the sum of its parts.
edit: link in the AGS games database, in case you want to leave a rating/review.
Fan favourite Luig is back at it with Swamp and Luig by Dialobic
Find Luig! In a swamp? If you've been following this thread, you've found Luig before. Charming, clever and accessible. You can find each Luig in about five minutes or less, expect about ten to fifteen minutes of play.
The Tiny Escape by Stefano "ProcioneSx" Trivellin
It keeps things basic, but does the basics really well. About half an hour with plenty of puzzles. The puzzle design is good, even though it sticks to well-trodden ground. It manages to capture a sense of dynamism you don't always get in adventure games.
Road to Nowhere by turturi
Well-written surreal fantasy adventure, or maybe more of a visual novel with a couple of simple puzzles. About twenty minutes.
Beanman Gets His Cool Back on Steam (self-produced)
A walking sim with some light quest-work, odd humour and a cheesy but satisfying musical score. Different endings! Completing the entire game will take you about an hour or so.
Model Human by Zapzap
One of the three latest MAGS entries - and I suspect this will be the winner. It's a comedy romp with a couple of puzzle-shaped shenanigans. The developer(s) ran out of time and had to make certain concessions - I think one or two bugs and typos have been fixed in the latest version and it ran without issues for me. There is one timed puzzle that gave me some trouble, even when I knew how to read the signal clues. Regardless of any of its limitations, the game is complete, playable and enjoyable - if you can deal with some scatalogical humour. Took me about fifteen minutes. There's a little quiz at the end where you get to determine the fate of humanity.
Second list!
A Night at Moka Efti: A Babylon Berlin Story on Steam
![[Image: night.jpg]](https://i.ibb.co/xy5pM5G/night.jpg)
Wild Boar came up with this one. It takes a lot of notes from Disco Elyisium, but ditches the RPG elements (and some of the depth) to deliver a modern adventure game. The voice acting is in German, but the writing and UI can be set to English. About two hours of gameplay and high (German tv studio) budget production values.
edit: usually I recommend games I've tested start to finish - I haven't finished this game and I'm going by Wild Boar and the general concensus on this one.
Leaving Han D. by Laywelin
This game depicts the emotional journey of leaving a partner. A poetic reflection of a deeply human experience. It's about five minutes, the puzzles are pretty easy and I found it moving and beautiful.
It's pouring down there by elcococlot
A bleak horror game. The animations are pretty good. The puzzles are decent, nothing too complicated. There is some pixel hunting involved - the lack of colour doesn't help in this regard. The objects are named when you hover over them. One hotspot only becomes accessible when you know about it. Somewhat unfriendly design, fitting the atmosphere of the game. It's about fifteen to twenty minutes - I played it twice, to see if there was another ending. I didn't find it - and I think the way the game "resolves" itself is part of the narrative.
Play Exit Five in Browser by Lasse Müller
A short, conceptual game, straight from the Twilight Zone. It's basically one anomaly-based puzzle, but it has some cool effects that make it more engaging and exciting than the sum of its parts.
edit: link in the AGS games database, in case you want to leave a rating/review.
This post was last modified: 09-17-2026, 09:57 AM by BobVP.
Thank you for the list and your hard work!
Your feedback is always appreciated! And I was suddenly reminded of
Miles to go before I sleep by Emma Gundersen
Minimalist adventure/walking simulator about love and moving on. I played it in a dream-like state. This would've been labeled an art game around the start of this century. Like the accompanying atonal music, it's jagged and evocative. It may not be for everyone, but if it clicks, it does something to you. I'm trying to find the second ending, but I think the whole game is about twenty to forty minutes.
Miles to go before I sleep by Emma Gundersen
Minimalist adventure/walking simulator about love and moving on. I played it in a dream-like state. This would've been labeled an art game around the start of this century. Like the accompanying atonal music, it's jagged and evocative. It may not be for everyone, but if it clicks, it does something to you. I'm trying to find the second ending, but I think the whole game is about twenty to forty minutes.
This post was last modified: 09-17-2026, 10:00 AM by BobVP.
Thanks for the updates BobVP. There are some incredible looking art available here. Road to Nowhere specifically.
AGH Co-founder, Owner, Business Management, Pop Tart lover
Thanks again BobVP, for continuing to keep us updated on interesting Freeware games. I will have to add that A Night at Moka Efti: A Babylon Berlin Story game to my Steam library.
I played the developer elcococlot's previous game The Watchtower because I liked the art, but I ended up getting stuck because it had a quick time event and I didn't realize it. It seems like this one also has some other unintuitive design choices as well.
Later this month we should be getting some more interesting freeware games as part of the $110 Adventure Game Challenge. There's been some nice games in past competitions so I'm looking forward to playing a few this year.
I played the developer elcococlot's previous game The Watchtower because I liked the art, but I ended up getting stuck because it had a quick time event and I didn't realize it. It seems like this one also has some other unintuitive design choices as well.
Later this month we should be getting some more interesting freeware games as part of the $110 Adventure Game Challenge. There's been some nice games in past competitions so I'm looking forward to playing a few this year.
I'm playing a couple of games from that challenge. I finished one and I suspect I'll have another list next weekend.
Also came across a couple of demo games, might share them in the appropriate tread.
And I found another art game that got me good.
Apollo in the Crosshairs by realtayediggs
Warning for people with photophobia or photosensitive epilepsy - I suspect this may cause some issues for you.
Apollo in the Crosshairs is a visual novel with elements of job simulator and hidden object game. It has a visceral approach to immersion and an interesting twist on the player as protagonist. A three-layered story about two people and the world they inhabit.
Also came across a couple of demo games, might share them in the appropriate tread.
And I found another art game that got me good.
Apollo in the Crosshairs by realtayediggs
Warning for people with photophobia or photosensitive epilepsy - I suspect this may cause some issues for you.
Apollo in the Crosshairs is a visual novel with elements of job simulator and hidden object game. It has a visceral approach to immersion and an interesting twist on the player as protagonist. A three-layered story about two people and the world they inhabit.
This post was last modified: 10-05-2026, 04:17 PM by BobVP.
Several jams and a couple of developers just being productive have given me a lot of stuff to check. I've been filtering AI-assisted stuff and this list is no exception, so I'll include the link to biggest and most AG-oriented jam for those interested in the titles not mentioned here.
BackIn5Min by Arthar_advts
Short and charming. Purposefully easy - the game provides visual indications of the items required in the puzzles, turning most of it in an AG-shaped hidden object game. But it has enough puzzles and even more charm to keep any adventure gamer involved for about five minutes or so.
Mothers Watching by mushpotate
A Game Boy/ 8-bit+ aesthetic horror in shades of red. It's about escaping a creepy presence called MOTHER. You can manage to find all endings in about twenty to thirty minutes. It's mostly exploration, some environmental puzzles and a twist on parser/dialog choices to organize your escape.
Five Magical Amulets by Jerrot, Mnemonic, Olga_Fabry (OFF Studio)
A 2005 freeware classic, re-released and made to run online. As far as I can tell, it's pretty hard if not impossible to find the original release. A classic fairy tale fantasy adventure. There's quite a lot of game here! We're talking hours, not minutes. The writing and character art can be naive at points and the puzzles definitely pay homage to the King's Quest and Kyrandia games - a bit of moon logic comes with the territory. Overal, it's pretty impressive what the team has pulled off. There's bonus content in the form of "outtakes" when you finish the game, very goofy, very 2005.
LEFT BELOW by figgybytes
A choices-matter visual novel about being stuck with your co-workers.. and things escalate. About fifteen minutes to get to both endings. Strong audiovisual style.
Doppel by Kirevam
Content warning: this (art) game appears to deal with paranoid schizophrenia. One puzzle determines your outcome - not hard to figure out, but emotionally effective. The presentation is clean but ambigious. Reaching both endings will take about ten minutes or so.
Rocku Island Adventure by Clearleaf
![[Image: rocku.jpg]](https://i.ibb.co/G4M5SwGR/rocku.jpg)
Another throwback to the old Game Boy. Reminiscent of the MacVenture ports for the NES, but with a simplified one-item inventory and six verbs instead of eight. Music and graphics are on point, the writing is funny - the only downsides are a potential dead-end causing bug (don't offer the key back to the cult!) and a fishing mini-game that lacks some clarity (the middle-sized fish is the octopus). About twenty minutes.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A list of shoutouts, games that deserve a mention, even if they didn't make the list:
People Watching by MIKDOG
A short cartoon about.. people watching? Exploring the underworld? The developer clearly has some chops, but it was a little too random for me.
The price of things by lvsproduction
Short and primarily narrative experience. Adjacent to a visual novel, perhaps even an art game. Pleasant design, but the writing lacks polish. Good concept, falling somewhat short of its potential.
Helga Deep in Trouble by Jerrot, Olga_Fabry, Mnemonic
The second game by OFF Studio, previously released in 2013. Unlike the Five Magical Amulets, I never played this game. A comedic, somewhat realistic comedy adventure about a team of game developers. Not as elaborate as the other game, but still quite long for a freeware title. About an hour or so? The humour might feel a bit outdated.
Echoes of the Hourglass by EigenStar
Straight-forward inventory puzzles and blocky graphics with a lot of straight lines. Not a bad foundation, but the presentation lacks clarity. There writing is enjoyable, but it lacks polish and is at times partially illegible. It'll take you about half an hour.
https://jmguerrero.itch.io/la-salamanca
A pixelated (EGA) short visual horror novel about a witch, a goat and a cult. Pretty good, but somewhat unsubstantial. Five minutes or so.
Below Knee: Gas
A straight-forward comedy adventure. Reminiscent of Not Another Weekend and Ben There, Dan That! It's about ten to fifteen minutes, packed with puzzles and locations. It was released before I started this thread, but I just found it and thought it was good enough to make the shoutout list.
edit: I just remembered The Silent Circus by SlaveiEM!
![[Image: circus.jpg]](https://i.ibb.co/27xjn5Bv/circus.jpg)
It's lo-fi, with simple puzzles. It was going on the list when I started playing games for this batch, but it got lost in the shuffle. I think it merits a recommendation: the marionette circus is a cool idea. Endearing, slightly melancholic and horrific at the same time. Could have been great if it hade more depth in one or two aspects of game design.
BackIn5Min by Arthar_advts
Short and charming. Purposefully easy - the game provides visual indications of the items required in the puzzles, turning most of it in an AG-shaped hidden object game. But it has enough puzzles and even more charm to keep any adventure gamer involved for about five minutes or so.
Mothers Watching by mushpotate
A Game Boy/ 8-bit+ aesthetic horror in shades of red. It's about escaping a creepy presence called MOTHER. You can manage to find all endings in about twenty to thirty minutes. It's mostly exploration, some environmental puzzles and a twist on parser/dialog choices to organize your escape.
Five Magical Amulets by Jerrot, Mnemonic, Olga_Fabry (OFF Studio)
A 2005 freeware classic, re-released and made to run online. As far as I can tell, it's pretty hard if not impossible to find the original release. A classic fairy tale fantasy adventure. There's quite a lot of game here! We're talking hours, not minutes. The writing and character art can be naive at points and the puzzles definitely pay homage to the King's Quest and Kyrandia games - a bit of moon logic comes with the territory. Overal, it's pretty impressive what the team has pulled off. There's bonus content in the form of "outtakes" when you finish the game, very goofy, very 2005.
LEFT BELOW by figgybytes
A choices-matter visual novel about being stuck with your co-workers.. and things escalate. About fifteen minutes to get to both endings. Strong audiovisual style.
Doppel by Kirevam
Content warning: this (art) game appears to deal with paranoid schizophrenia. One puzzle determines your outcome - not hard to figure out, but emotionally effective. The presentation is clean but ambigious. Reaching both endings will take about ten minutes or so.
Rocku Island Adventure by Clearleaf
![[Image: rocku.jpg]](https://i.ibb.co/G4M5SwGR/rocku.jpg)
Another throwback to the old Game Boy. Reminiscent of the MacVenture ports for the NES, but with a simplified one-item inventory and six verbs instead of eight. Music and graphics are on point, the writing is funny - the only downsides are a potential dead-end causing bug (don't offer the key back to the cult!) and a fishing mini-game that lacks some clarity (the middle-sized fish is the octopus). About twenty minutes.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A list of shoutouts, games that deserve a mention, even if they didn't make the list:
People Watching by MIKDOG
A short cartoon about.. people watching? Exploring the underworld? The developer clearly has some chops, but it was a little too random for me.
The price of things by lvsproduction
Short and primarily narrative experience. Adjacent to a visual novel, perhaps even an art game. Pleasant design, but the writing lacks polish. Good concept, falling somewhat short of its potential.
Helga Deep in Trouble by Jerrot, Olga_Fabry, Mnemonic
The second game by OFF Studio, previously released in 2013. Unlike the Five Magical Amulets, I never played this game. A comedic, somewhat realistic comedy adventure about a team of game developers. Not as elaborate as the other game, but still quite long for a freeware title. About an hour or so? The humour might feel a bit outdated.
Echoes of the Hourglass by EigenStar
Straight-forward inventory puzzles and blocky graphics with a lot of straight lines. Not a bad foundation, but the presentation lacks clarity. There writing is enjoyable, but it lacks polish and is at times partially illegible. It'll take you about half an hour.
https://jmguerrero.itch.io/la-salamanca
A pixelated (EGA) short visual horror novel about a witch, a goat and a cult. Pretty good, but somewhat unsubstantial. Five minutes or so.
Below Knee: Gas
A straight-forward comedy adventure. Reminiscent of Not Another Weekend and Ben There, Dan That! It's about ten to fifteen minutes, packed with puzzles and locations. It was released before I started this thread, but I just found it and thought it was good enough to make the shoutout list.
edit: I just remembered The Silent Circus by SlaveiEM!
![[Image: circus.jpg]](https://i.ibb.co/27xjn5Bv/circus.jpg)
It's lo-fi, with simple puzzles. It was going on the list when I started playing games for this batch, but it got lost in the shuffle. I think it merits a recommendation: the marionette circus is a cool idea. Endearing, slightly melancholic and horrific at the same time. Could have been great if it hade more depth in one or two aspects of game design.
This post was last modified: 10-05-2026, 04:13 PM by BobVP.
(10-05-2026, 01:02 PM)BobVP Wrote: Five Magical Amulets by Jerrot, Mnemonic, Olga_Fabry (OFF Studio)
... As far as I can tell, it's pretty hard if not impossible to find the original release.
Is this not it?
You can try other links if the above one doesn't work.
It was a freeware game, right?
(10-05-2026, 01:02 PM)BobVP Wrote: Helga Deep in Trouble by Jerrot, Olga_Fabry, Mnemonic
The second game by OFF Studio, previously released in 2013. Unlike the Five Magical Amulets, I never played this game. A comedic, somewhat realistic comedy adventure about a team of game developers. Not as elaborate as the other game, but still quite long for a freeware title. About an hour or so? The humour might feel a bit outdated.
Oh, I remember this one
(10-05-2026, 05:21 PM)kamineko Wrote: Is this not it?
You can try other links if the above one doesn't work.
Oh nice! I did check the wayback machine, but download link I tried was dead.