Pages (3):    1 2 3   
srnickolas   03-05-2026, 06:15 PM  
#11
(03-05-2026, 06:07 PM)Whooly Shambler Wrote:
(03-05-2026, 05:48 PM)srnickolas Wrote:
(03-05-2026, 05:41 PM)Whooly Shambler Wrote:
(03-05-2026, 05:34 PM)srnickolas Wrote: Another totally ridiculous game i kind of liked is "bizarre Earthquake", it's subpar in all levels, especially the writing. In no way I am suggesting this, but I think it's the definition of "so bad is good"

Oh, I actually played that. I remember it was another one of those East European games that's both very buggy and badly translated.

Yeah I think it's Turkish, I am surprised you played it. This thread is full of masochistic players!  Big Grin

I can't even really complain - it was like $0.89 on Steam, which is why I bought it in the first place. From memory I kind of went on a cheap point-and-click binge and it just came ended up in the basket.
Yeah! All their games are priced 1 dollar now and are mixed or mostly negative in Steam, makes me curious in what other "surprises" are in their catalogue  Cool
Jackal   03-05-2026, 09:57 PM  
#12
I also have no guilt about my pleasures, but I rather enjoyed Jazz and Faust, which is rather widely considered a steaming turd. Of course, it probably helped that I was playing with my young nephew, who was enthralled by his first-ever adventure. (Strangely, he's grown up and doesn't play them anymore. Whoops!)

Co-founder, Editor-in-Chief, Adventure Game Hotspot (perhaps you've heard of it?)
Hexenwerk   03-05-2026, 10:11 PM  
#13
I am not sure if they count, but I would name "Four Last Things" and "Procession to Calvary" - haven't played the third game of "The Immortal John Triptych" yet, but it feels to me like absurd Monty Python humor, with great historical art.
srnickolas   03-05-2026, 10:21 PM  
#14
(03-05-2026, 09:57 PM)Jackal Wrote: I also have no guilt about my pleasures, but I rather enjoyed Jazz and Faust, which is rather widely considered a steaming turd. Of course, it probably helped that I was playing with my young nephew, who was enthralled by his first-ever adventure. (Strangely, he's grown up and doesn't play them anymore. Whoops!)

I haven't played Jazz and Faust, I always found it enticing on paper and screenshots look nice, but reviews were awful. It' a good candidate for my next "so bad is good" play. I played Necronomicon: the drawing of darkness not long ago and it was also pretty bad but enjoyable enough in its occasional cringiness, absurdity, bad writing and awkward gameplay.
Jen   03-05-2026, 11:37 PM  
#15
I too played Jazz and Faust and really liked it, and I absolutely loved Procession to Calvary and Four Last Things.
Beau Away   03-06-2026, 02:28 PM  
#16
In the 1st Degree is pretty terrible but I loved every second of it, especially the smarmy TV reporters commenting on how badly you're doing.
Karlok   03-06-2026, 04:48 PM  
#17
Hm, so I have pleasures that I didn't know were guilty bc I enjoyed In the 1st Degree a lot. I especially liked that options in the dialogue trees disappeared after you'd made your choice, good or bad.
LadyKestrel   03-06-2026, 05:41 PM  
#18
I don't feel a bit guilty about liking Adventure at the Chateau d'Or, despite the wine cellar puzzle, the history quiz, the poor acting, and the silly story.

Eye of newt?  Ugh!  Toe of bat?  Eww!  Bar of chocolate?  Yum!
Jen   03-06-2026, 08:25 PM  
#19
Nor should you feel guilty about liking such a stinker  Big Grin
kamineko   03-07-2026, 10:45 PM  
#20
This thread makes me remember Legacy: Dark Shadows.

Strangely, the ideas for each separate game location weren't bad: Mars colony, underground city, cargo spaceship going insane a la HAL from 2001: A Space Odyssey, the asteroid - it could have worked if not for far-fetched scenario, bad puzzle design and extremely linear gameplay.
Pages (3):    1 2 3   
  
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)