Joshua AGH   09-26-2026, 02:27 PM  
#1
I recently got an old 386 computer and I’m looking forward to playing some old adventures. I’ve got most games of that era (assuming the disks work) so I want to hear from you. Suggest a game to play.

Note: I’m not sure of the specs so assume everything is generic.

AGH Co-founder, Owner, Business Management, Pop Tart lover
srnickolas   09-26-2026, 02:58 PM  
#2
An old PC adventure I wanted to try myself is Earthrise https://www.mobygames.com/game/2151/earthrise/. I played it a bit in the past and liked the vibes and graphics
Joshua AGH   09-28-2026, 04:27 AM  
#3
I’ll have a look. Thanks

AGH Co-founder, Owner, Business Management, Pop Tart lover
BobVP   09-30-2026, 06:12 PM  
#4
I've been thinking about this.

The original Dune game. The movies are big, the books are back: time to pull this classic off the shelf as well.

King's Quest IV. Recommending King's Quest games is tricky, but this one captures the best of the Roberta Williams approach, as well as top notch audio-visual design. It's one of those games where you should save often - and when you're stuck, call 1-900-370-5583. Or ask one of us.

If you have the original LOOM - many consider it the best release.
BobVP   10-01-2026, 09:48 AM  
#5
Oh and since you're all about Weird Gaming Adventures: 

Eternam! It's all three of those things.
LadyKestrel   10-01-2026, 10:00 PM  
#6
I have a copy of Eternam that Jen sent me quite a few years ago. I haven't checked, but I'm hoping I can run it in ScummVM.

Eye of newt?  Ugh!  Toe of bat?  Eww!  Bar of chocolate?  Yum!
Traquus   Yesterday, 12:44 PM  
#7
Try Loom — it’s a very unique and atmospheric adventure that fits a generic 386 perfectly. Have you checked if your floppy disks are 5.25" or 3.5" yet?
  
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)